What is e-commerce marketing?
E-commerce or electronic commerce is a process of buying, selling, transferring or exchanging products, services, and information via electronic networks and computers.
Types of E-commerce
- B2B stand for business to business.
- Companies doing business to each other
Manufacture selling to wholesaler wholesales selling to retailers.
- B2C stand for business to consumers.
- Companies sells their goods or services online to consumers.
Amazon, Flipcart, Snapdeal etc.
- C2C stand for consumer to consumer.
- Consumers sells their goods/services to other online
- Business model helps consumers to sell their assets like property,car,bike,tv or rent a room etc.
OLX, Quicker etc.
Advantages of E-commerce
- Faster buying
- Buying/selling 24/7
- More reach to consumer, there is no theoretical geographic services.
- No needs of physical company set-ups.
- Easy to start and manage business.
Disadvantages of E-commerce
- No one can buy during a site crash.
- Customers can not try before they buy
- Ecommerce is highly competitive
- Customers can be impatient
- You need to ship your products.
- Physical retail is still more popular despite decline.
4 Traps to avoid when building your E-commerce project
- Analyzing your offers potential.
- Not analyzing your target market.
- Not investing your projects.
- Choosing your developer too quickly.
- Not always necessary
- Payment processor
- Free and paid
- OS commerce
Benefits to customer for E-commerce
- 24/7 available
- More options
- Fast delivery
- Instant informatory
- Lower prices
- Leaver reviews
Challenges of E-commerce
- The growth of ecommerce volumes in India is attracting the attention of players around the globe.
- India, the second most populous country in the world, is home to 1.2 billion people.
- To put that number into perspective, consider this: the combined populations of Germany, UK, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, and Greece equal one-fourth the population of India alone!
- Despite lower per-capita purchasing power, this still makes India one of the most attractive emerging markets for ecommerce.
- Ecommerce is growing , mobile category is multiples devices scale through social sharing.
- Mobile commerce 2nd fastest audience growth.
- The use of social strategies to anticipate, personalize and energize and shopping experience.
- Ecommerce uses the internet to connect with the rest of the world.
- Ecommerce requires the website that can represent a business.
- Ecommerce includes transaction .
- Ecommerce sales of goods and services when an order is placed by the buyer or price and items of sale.
- Target marketing use the web there offers to rich market. the store is always open establish the better relationship with customers.
- Low distributes cost of product.
- Increased speed of market.
How to do E-commerce marketing:-
1- Planning a content marketing strategy
Every e-commerce business must have a plan to follow through. Make a note of what strategies are to be used in the near future to attract customers (blogs, infographics or videos).
2- Automated email marketing campaign
Email is still one of the best methods to send notifications and updates about any offers or discounts.
3- Diversification viral social media
E-commerce through social media is the best way to gauge choices and behavior of customers
4- Personalization strategy
If automated emails are used to notify customers and potential customers then make sure that their names are addressed.
5- Original content
Original content is a must in e-commerce marketing services. Original content will gain a larger response than unoriginal content.