Online Reputation Management
Online Reputation Management combines marketing and public relations with search engine marketing. Visibility and high rankings for good publicity are the ultimate goals, which will, in turn, push bad publicity down the search engine listings and out of public view.
Online reputation management involves managing the search engine results and protecting your company’s brand reputation from negative exposure online. ORM strategy combines traditional marketing and public relations with search engine marketing.
Visibility and high rankings for good publicity are the ultimate goals, which will, in turn, push bad publicity down the search engine listings and out of public view. Keep in mind that online searchers rarely view more than 2 pages of search engine results for any search. Online reputation management enables you to protect and manage your reputation and brand from becoming actively involved in the outcome of negative publicity online.
3 steps involved in online reputation management
- Social media has become the personal journal of everyone since it is very easy for anyone to publish information on channels such as blogs, discussion boards, and opinion forums. Unfortunately, not everyone can be pleased all of the time.
- The Internet is a great way to judge what people think of a particular service or product. People to be more honest; the only downside is you are more likely to get negative feedback rather than positive ones.
Although monitoring systems are in place, the work is not yet over. It is crucial to analyze your social reviews to improve your brand. The analysis part consists of going through all the key comments, feedback and identified concerns that are being expressed online.
- Let’s assume you represent a well-known company whose leader has just been photographed engaged in an illegal act. Do you merely release a statement, or quickly take to the Internet to defend your company’s interests?
- Although this situation is somewhat overriding to the idea of public relations, the advent of social media is quickly changing the way this sort of crisis is handled. Since business organizations can connect with its audiences quickly, it is possible for them to deal with such situations rapidly and digitally.
- It creates awareness of what your customer’s main concerns and needs are which in turn helps you improve your products and services.
- It offers you extensive real-time feedback from your consumers.
- It improves customer services since you can respond quickly to any queries or complaints.
- Online Reputation Management acts as an early warning system.
- ORM helps to identify gaps in products and services which can be developed for niche markets.
- Information overload: a large volume of messages can be overwhelming and hard to follow, causing you to stress and panic.
- Even using the best ORM on the market will not guarantee you finding every little mention of your company online.
- Engaging with your consumers online could add fuel to a fire if not done cautiously and with some guidance.
- Online comments and criticism might not be constructive.
- It helps to resolve customer complaints quickly.
- It can help show that our business cares about customers services.
- It helps you to earn your customers trust.
- It helps you to increase your transparency.
- It creates more positive word of mouth about your brand.
- It helps to identify your company’s opportunities.
- It lets you grow your presence on the digital channels your customers frequent.
- It encourages online endorsements.
- Repairing your online reputation.
- Enhancing your online reputation
- Maintaining your online reputation
- Strength and promoting your positive online image.
- Defending your brand deceitful activities and personnel.
- Removing negative listing or image online.
- Defining the objectives
- The reverse Wikipedia strategy
- Online reviews
- Automated monitoring
Why is online reputation management so important?
- Reputation management is the practice of understanding or influencing an individual’s or business’s reputation.
- It is the practice of monitoring the reputation of an individual or brand, addressing contents which are damaging to it, and using customer feedback to get feedback or early warning signals to reputation problems.
- Most of the reputation management is focused on pushing down negative search results.
- Your Prospects Are Online Your Competitors Are Online Your Customers Are Online. That Includes Your UNHAPPY Customers.
Most Reputed companies in India
• The survey by Nielsen Corporate Image Monitor
• It represents the views of 1,790 people from different walks of life, including policymakers, influence groups, the financial community, investors, corporate peers and the general consumer, across the top seven metros.
Why do you need online reputation management?
- Lack of visibility
- Not enough traffic to the website
- Website redesign
- Business expansion
- Hiring new employees
- Well known competitor
- Business is not doing well
- Negative reviews
- Bad publicity
- You are concerned about negative results.
10 online reputation management commandments
- Become well respected
- Be radically transparent
- Monitors what they are saying about you
- React quickly and politely
- Address criticism
- Treat your Google page 1 as your business card
- Understand your detractors
- Attack your illegitimate attackers
- Learn from your mistakes
- Ask for help if necessary
15 ways to create positive brand image online
- Own your own website
- Own related domain
- Start multiple blogs
- Be active on social media
- Create online business cards
- Claim your local profiles
- Write guest posts
- Do interviews
- Place a lot of images of yourself online.
- Make videos
- Write press releases
- Create an app
- Get a CrunchBase profile
- See if u qualify for a Wikipedia page
- Understanding tools for monitoring online reputation