The main purpose of any website is to deliver specific information or services in an organized in a user-friendly manner. It’s important to understand the overall goal of the website when building one. You want to make sure you are planning your “dream home”and that its functional with the right intentions and audience in mind.its also great idea to look at the website that your target market might visit.
- Increase sales
- Becoming an authoritative resource
- Improve interaction with the existing and potential customer
- Build your brand.
What is the website?
- A set of related web pages located under a single domain name.
- A website is a related collection of (WWW) World Wide Web files that include a beginning file called a home page.
- A website is a collection of related web pages including multimedia content, domain name, and web server.
- A website may be accessible via a public internet protocol such as the Internet, LAN, URL
- The website can have many functions and it can be used in various fashions.like the personal website, corporate website for a company, government website, organization website.
Type Of Website
- Web portal
- Wiki site
- Webmail is an email client implemented as a web application running on a web server.
- Example are webmail provider is AOL mail,Outlook.com, Yahoo mail
- Webmail is a way of sending and receiving emails from a web browser instead of from an email client.
- Webmail provides easy access and storage of email messages of the user who are connected to them.
- Webmail includes related links, information, and terms.
- The web portal is specially designed a website that brings information from diverse sources like emails, online forums, and search engines, together in a uniform way.
- A web portal is specially designed a website that often serves as the single point of access of information.
- It can also be considered a library of personalized and categorized content.
- A web portal helps in search navigation, personalization, notification and information integration.
- A web portal is capable of handling both structured and unstructured
- A web portal can facilitate notification and multi-channel consistency.
Types of the web portal
- A wiki is a website on which user collaboratively modify content and structure directly from the web browser.
- A wiki is run using wiki software otherwise known as wiki engine.
- A wiki engine is a type of content management system.
- Wiki is the largest and most popular website general and its work on
- Wiki is the free online encyclopedia.
- Wiki is a different website that allows reading the content contribute the forum, email comments to the site.
Component Of Web Site
- Homepage and site-wide template design
- Integrated and navigation
- Look and feel
- A logo
- A sitemap
- Website search features
- About a page
- Domain name
- Web hosting
- Homepage and side wide template design:-it include attractive functional and consistent appearance of your website.
- Integrated and navigation:-it provide clear access.
- Look and feel:-it includes color text and graphics as well as any function.
- A logo:-it can be displayed the left corner of each page on your website.
- A sitemap:-it provides all list of pages.
- Website search features:-it can be searched to your website for content relevant to their specific interest.
- About page:-it can include the complete description of you, your website, name, address, phone number and email address etc.
- Feedback:-it facilitates the customer to ask some queries about your product.
- A domain name:-your address on the internet what people type into your browser to find you.
- Web hosting:-it can include the computer as well as the internet to your website work.
- Copyright:-displaying your copyright information at the bottom of each page.
- Planning is the most important part of building your website.
- Before designing a website it is necessary to do proper planning.
- If you start building your house without giving through of planning.
- For a building, a good website proper planning is required.
- Website planning is a general business, new product, new division, new premises
- Planning is the key to getting a right decision.
- Planning is the process to implements, directs and monitors all steps in proper sequence.
- The website is the intersection of three things business, internet, and customer.
Six steps for planning a successful website design
- Define your target
- Set goals and objectives
- Create a sitemap.
- Request and
- Set a budget
Define your target audiences
- Your site should facilitate the information and services to visitors.
- The keys to successfully communicating with your audience.
- The viewer’s background and previous experience.
- Their interest and tastes.
- The reason why they are visiting your website.
Set goals and objectives
- We had to set a budget for ourselves.
- balance working on your own website
Create a sitemap
- We used the sitemap from our current website as a starting point.
- We made all of our current services were covered.
- Renamed some of the section so that a titles were clearer.
Request an estimate
- Writing and SEO
- Project management
- Quality assurance and testing
Set a budget
- A budget is a financial plan to the defined period of time.
- revenue and expenses.
- Resource quantities
- Liabilities and cash flow
Define roles and responsibilities
- Everyone knows what to do.
- Everything gets done
- People work together
- Less energy wasted